- ‘If the Government does not act quickly to implement the Lydia Foy decision and respect the rights of transgender persons in the State, it will become necessary to re-examine the whole machinery for protecting the rights guaranteed by the Convention in our domestic law.’
- Yvonne Moynihan, ‘”God has given you one face and you give yourself another”: the implications of transsexual recognition in matters of marriage: Dr Lydia Foy’s laudable victory spawns reform in terms of same-sex unions’, Irish Journal of Family Law, 2008, Vol 2, 38-42
- Tanya Ni Mhuirthile, ‘Declaring Irish law incompatible with the law of the ECHR – where to now?’, Independent Law Review, 2008, 4, pp2-8
- Oran Doyle, ‘Judicial Interpretation of the European Convention on Human Rights Act 2003’, Dublin University Law Journal, 2011, 33, pp 369-392
- Peter Dunne, ‘The Physicians Statement Model in Ireland’s Gender Recognition Bill 2013’, European Human Rights Law Review, 2014, Vol 1, pp 1-6
- ‘Equality Authority launches detailed observation on general scheme of the Gender Recognition Bill’ – 7th August 2014.