A history of the case is available from the Marriage Equality website here. You can read Senator Zappone and Dr. Gilligan’s own account of the case in Our lives out loud: in pursuit of justice and equality and you can watch them speak about the case here.
- Brian Tobin, ‘Case Comment: Law, politics and the child-centric approach to marriage in Ireland’, 2012
- Conor O’Mahony, ‘Principled Expediency: how the Irish Courts can compromise on same-sex marriage’, Dublin University Law Journal, 2012
- Clarke, V. (2007) ‘Slippery slopes and the queer parenting Armageddon: normalising and radical responses to arguments about the importance of maternal and paternal influences in childrearing’. Lesbian & Gay Psychology Review , 8 (1). pp. 21-27.
- Asher, R. , ‘Ireland, the Same Sex Partnership Debate, and the normal Sexual Citizen’, Journal of Bisexuality, Volume 9, Issue 3-4, pp 477-489
- Brian Tobin, ‘Recognition of Canadian same-sex marriage: Zappone and Gilligan v Revenue Commissioners and others’, Irish Human Rights Law Review, 2010, 1, 217-225.
- Fergus Ryan, ‘Legislative Comment: Out of the shadow of the Constitution: civil partnership, cohabitation and the constitutional family’, Irish Jurist, 2012